Thanks for visiting the Sysmex Australia careers page. We are currently seeking applications for the following vacancy.
Senior Field Service Engineer
Key Job Purpose
Responsible for ensuring and maximising customer satisfaction with product lines through technical excellence and direct customer communications by ensuring all units and systems continue to operate to specifications. This is accomplished primarily by regular and complete scheduled maintenance and repair services. A key aspect of this role is providing second level support and training in Sysmex Haematology products to our business partner in Australia.
Summary of Functional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting on issues related to workflow and instruments. Investigate problems, diagnose probable causes and provide solutions. Recognise and communicate product issues, complaints and potential improvements.
- Install, maintain and repair Sysmex product lines including: identifying and analysing instrument and system problems; repairing to meet specifications; escalating exceptional issues to minimise customer down-time; performing pre-installation site surveys, installations, scheduled maintenance and approved modifications in accordance with Sysmex policies; scheduling modifications and updates as indicated in Technical Bulletin (TB) and Engineering Change Records (ECR); monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled times.
- Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing customer sites.
- Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates in Sales, Marketing and Product Management to ensure total customer resolution and maximise very satisfied customer base.
- Properly document all service related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports and all other required reports.
- Perform duties within defined service standards, including but not limited to on-time and within labour hour goals for scheduled maintenance, demand service events, installations and first-visit-fix-rates.
- Manage time, territory and accounts effectively; take initiative to make changes to improve how work is done, focus on process improvement, promote customer satisfaction, support sales objectives and organisational directives.
- Identifying and communicating gaps and product issues and recommend potential improvements to the installation and implementation process. Responsible for supporting the systems assigned to their territory and greater geography to meet business demands.
- Provide technical information to direct management/peers and other functional groups. Proactively address and support sales objectives and organisational directives.
- Responsible for managing company assets and expenses within company guidelines.
- Deliver work package during Project deployment into customer sites/laboratories. Assist customer with meeting their regulatory and validation requirements. Provide appropriate training.
- Supports the integration process to meet customer expectations and timeline.
- Assist actively during the ISO implementation process in determining the process necessary interactions of processes and assure effective operation, control and mapping of all ISO related tasks.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics / Biomedical or Electrical Engineering as well as equivalent experience in electronics, laboratory/biomedical technology.
- Minimum of 5 years prior field service and/or laboratory experience (especially in Haematology, Urine Analytics and FCM).
- Excellent Interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated good presentation and persuasive skills.
- General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required. Knowledge of LIS systems, Linux and interfacing principles is desirable.
- Able to explain in simple and understandable terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex product lines.
- Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding.
- Team orientation; demonstrated facilitations skills.
- General knowledge in IT technology and networking.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, can-do attitude and desire to set and achieve goals.
- Professional conduct necessary at all times even under stressful conditions.
- Requires travel / field service activities within Australia.
Interested candidates are invited to write in with a detailed resume to: [email protected] – applications close Tuesday 24th December 2019.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.